With great honor, the European Cooperation System participated in the second edition of the Annual Africaribbean Trade and Investment Forum ( ACTIF2023 ), jointly organized by the African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) and the Government of Guyana on October 30 and 31, 2023, in Georgetown, Guyana, under the theme ‘Creating a Shared Prosperous Future.
The key areas of interest for B2B engagements and roundtable discussions in this second edition were focused on the following points:
– Accelerating industrialization and increasing production capacity.
– Creating a conducive environment to boost private sector investment.
– Improving infrastructure, financing, and commercial logistics.
– Developing special economic zones and industrial parks.
– Promoting trade, tourism, and regional integration.
– Enhancing agricultural productivity and agro-industry.
The President of the European Cooperation Systemexpressed deep appreciation for the contributions of high-profile individuals who took part in this event, including:
– H.E. Dr. Mohamed Irfaan Ali, President of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana, who emphasized the importance of celebrating Africa and CARICOM’s achievements and taking ownership of global solutions, with ACTIF being a crucial pathway.
– Hugh Hilton Todd , Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Guyana.
– H.E. Dr. Carla Natalie Barnett, Secretary-General of the CARICOM Secretariat, who encouraged strengthening bilateral cooperation and commitments in various priority areas.
– Mr. Phillip J. Pierre, Prime Minister of Saint Lucia, highlighted the potential of strengthening economic ties for robust trade relations and investments, especially in technology and renewable energy sectors.
– Professor Benedict Oramah, President and Chairman of the Board of Afreximbank, highlighted significant advancements in trade and development between the African and Caribbean regions, including the development of the Africa Trade Centre in Barbados.
On behalf of the President of the European Cooperation System, Mr Gabriel MVOGO SAINT our delegation congratulated the teams from the Cooperative Republic of Guyana and the African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) for the successful outcome of this forum.